Release 5.5 SP2 Now Available
We’re happy to announce the immediate availability of Service Pack 2
for Rodopi OSS Version 5.5. In addition
to the standard bug fixes and refinements, SP2 offers the following new features:
- New report management User Interface for easier publishing of custom reports in Rodopi
- Scheduled billing – generate bills according to a set schedule each month
- Support for advanced tax module – external lookup for specific tax treatments
- Improved customer portal - easier to use, and easier to configure and customize
Advanced Tax Module Now Available
Rodopi now offers extensive support for the complex tax requirements brought about by such services as Voice over IP. Now customers
may use external tax applications from Vertex and CCH, in addition to an Advanced Tax Module
(ATM) from Rodopi. For
customers requiring sophisticated treatment of taxation on a per service and apportioned basis, the external lookup and third party
integrations increase flexibility and facilitate compliance. The ATM is ideal for applications in which detailed tax rules are required,
but the range of tax methods doesn’t warrant a third party rate subscription. An included tax journal provides an audit trail and
reporting of applied taxations.
In our ongoing effort to increase our customers’ competitiveness and add value to their investment in Rodopi, we’re proud to
announce the addition of the following strategic partners
to the Rodopi ecosystem:
||Igneite – Integration and implementation consulting services for IP services billing and customer management
||Incognito – Advanced CPE provisioning including DOCSIS and SIP devices
||Stratus® – VoIP and triple play services for broadband operators
New and Updated Integrations
Key to the Rodopi value proposition is the availability of packaged integration modules
to provide off-the-shelf interoperability
with leading third party hardware and software applications for broadband services. Driven by customer requests and market demand, we have
significantly expanded our library of integration modules to include the following:
- Incognito™ Broadband Command Center™ – The Incognito BCC is a market leading application for automated provisioning
of DOCSIS compliant high speed data for cable modems and Packet Cable compliant voice devices. The Rodopi integration module facilitates cable company
triple play, including subscriber self activation and self administration, flow through provisioning and customized DOCSIS configuration.
- Stratus® (Emergent Networks) Entice™ E-Rev – In addition to other leading VoIP service platforms, Rodopi now supports
the Entice advanced feature server and softswitch. The new integration automatically provisions users and feature packages, and imports usage records.
In addition, the Rodopi customer portal has been integrated with Entice to enable a single point of control of user and network features, call history,
and other subscriber self-management functions.
- MetaSwitch 4.2 – Rodopi now supports version 4.2 of the MetaSwitch advanced VoIP platform and element management system. Enhanced
provisioning and configuration options further support flow through provisioning and value added VoIP services on the MetaSwitch platform.
- Soma Networks – The Soma broadband wireless integration package has been enhanced to enable usage based billing and quota management.
Now customers can import data service usage records and bill based on bandwidth consumed, in addition to setting and enforcing bandwidth quotas and
- Vertex® Communications Sales and Telecom Taxes – Rodopi has updated and enhanced its support for advanced tax applications from
Vertex, including the Tax L Series™ and sales tax packages.
- Everyone.net – Rodopi has updated and enhanced its support of Everyone.net advanced messaging services for service providers. The
new integration supports enterprise email applications, and retail and wholesale business models. Enhance your messaging service portfolio and leverage
economies of scale by outsourcing expensive, time consuming email operations to the experts.
For a limited time, Rodopi is offering a free Everyone.net integration module with a paid upgrade to Rodopi OSS Version 5.5.
- 911 Enable – Rodopi has deployed its first commercial integration to the cost-effective enhanced 911 services offered by 911 Enable.
Available for both Rodopi OSS and EasyOSS installations, the new E911 module automates provisioning of E911 database and routing services and enables
subscribers to manage their location information through the online customer portal.
- Packeteer® – We’ve delivered a new integration module to support bandwidth and traffic management applications using the
Packeteer PacketShaper® appliance. Subscriber level usage collection and aggregation, and basic quota management functions facilitate network and
traffic optimization and differentiated services.
- Payflow Pro – Rodopi now supports the new API for Payflow Pro following the acquisition by PayPal®. As with other Rodopi payment
modules, the new Payflow Pro module provides seamless integration with credit card processing services to enable automated credit card billing, credits
and adjustments, and online payment reports.
We continue to grow and strengthen the community of Rodopi users, currently more than 600 companies in 50 countries. The diversity of business and operations
processes supported, the service types and market segments covered, and the geographic dispersion is testimony to our focus on flexible technologies and
enabling business models. Recent new customer implementations
ADP Dealer Services
– ADP’s Dealer Services Group has implemented Rodopi to provide
provisioning, billing, and customer care for its new line of
BroadSoft-based hosted telephony services targeted at auto
dealers in North America.
– Budget PrePay, Inc. is one of the largest providers of prepaid
services in the USA, offering service in 45 states. The company
has implemented Rodopi to manage telephony and wireless
– Exadigm is a leading provider of wireless credit card terminal
solutions for several vertical market applications. The
company is using Rodopi to import and process data usage from
cellular network transport providers, and to generate invoices
for its customers.
– IFX Networks has gone live with Rodopi for 12 Latin America
countries, supporting pre and post paid billing for access,
VoIP, and value added services.
– ipNX, leading telecommunications and Internet service
provider in Nigeria, and current Rodopi customer, has added the Soma FlexMAX™
system to its network to roll-out carrier-grade voice and
high-speed data solutions over this new WIMAX-ready network.
The off-the-shelf Rodopi-Soma integration now enables ipNX to
import enhanced data records, bill based on bandwidth consumed,
and set bandwidth quotas and billing thresholds.
– wyndstorm (formerly YFon Global) has implemented Rodopi
EasyOSS for two of its clients. The first, a cable company
offering triple play will utilize the Rodopi provisioning,
billing, and back office to manage VoIP services and provide
online subscription and customer self-management. In the second
implementation, Rodopi will provide the provisioning and back
office support for wyndstorm™, a white label social network
solution, including integrated click-to-call and other value
- Spring VON – We traveled up the coast to San Jose, CA in March to participate in the
Spring VON Showcase of next generation IP services and network infrastructure. Rodopi’s booth attracted
a large collection of partners, customers, and new prospects. A lot of interest came up for our new 5.5 release and its enhanced VoIP
provisioning and Customer Portal.
- MetaSwitch Partners – Rodopi was proud to be a Silver Sponsor of the MetaSwitch Expo
in April in Orlando, FL. In addition to hosting a stand in the exhibit hall, Rodopi executives participated in the MetaSwitch training
sessions and the expert panel presentations and discussion forums with attendees. The one-on-one interaction with MetaSwitch customers
provided invaluable feedback to Rodopi regarding market and technological challenges, and opportunities for business process automation
and operations systems.
Resource Manager Beta –
Rodopi is excited to announce the beta availability of a new online resource / inventory management application,
available beginning of July. The Resource Manager will automate operations for managing physical and logical resource elements,
including VoIP and TDM phone numbers, IP addresses, modem and access devices, network elements, and other key elements of a broadband operations environment.
The initial implementation provides advanced support of North American phone number resources and operational processes. The product includes both a web
based user interface and a web services API, enabling easy integration with service providers’ systems and business operations. Contact your Rodopi sales
representative for more information and to schedule your participation in the beta evaluation phase or go to
For more information, please contact email@example.com